Help ~ FAQs
Concerts & Events
- When are The Wiggles going to be touring next?
- The Wiggles tour quite frequently, and it is quite possible that they will be coming to a venue near you very soon.
Please check the Tour & Events section. If there are no concerts listed here for your area, this means that no tours have been announced for your area yet. In order to be kept updated, please join The Wiggles Fan Club and you will be emailed information specific to your location as soon as a tour is announced.
[updated 27th Jan 2007]
- Do The Wiggles Lip-sync in concert?
- If you've seen a live Wiggles show you will know that there are many times when they chat to each other, start to laugh, say "G'day!", etc which show you that it is not a mimed or "lip-synced" show.
Anthony has developed a good aerobic level of fitness which enables him to sing and dance. You will notice the LARGE amount of sweat that is on their shirts which is a result of this effort.
Some of the backing music is pre-recorded and replayed on mini disc as this frees The Wiggles to sing and do their dances.
It is more interesting for a child to watch actions and movements rather than a guitar solo (as good as it might be) However, this musical backing is augmented by Murray often playing his acoustic guitar and Jeff playing his keyboard.
There are many times (such as the Captain's magic buttons segment of the show) when the music is totally live.
- Do The Wiggles Friends (i.e. Dorothy the Dinasour, Captain Feathersword, Henry the Octopus, and Wags the Dog) have their own concerts?
- In some countries, yes they do.
For more information please visit the following pages:
In Australia - http://www.thewiggles.com.au/au/events/
In the United States - http://www.thewiggles.com.au/us/events/
In Canada - http://www.thewiggles.com.au/ca/events/
Please note that only scheduled tours appear on these pages so if a tour is not appearing, please check back at a later time or sign up to our free Fan Club via the fan club link at www.thewiggles.com to receive email notification of future tours.
[Updated January 8, 2009]
- Concert SAFETY
- An Important Message To All Our Wiggle Friends in the USA
This is an open letter to all wiggle friends from The Wiggles' Management. During our last tour of the USA, The Wiggles have had many opportunities to meet lots of you, which they have really enjoyed. However, it has come to our attention there are some safety issues that have arisen and these are of serious concern to all of us.
A Wiggles Tour involves rehearsals, sound checks, doing shows and lots of travelling onto the next city, all of which is done on a carefully planned schedule.
Recently after shows, The Wiggles have been inundated with requests to meet people. While they are happy to do this, there are time constraints for The Wiggles and it is not physically possible for the guys to meet and speak to everyone who would like to meet them. The numbers of people wanting to meet The Wiggles are growing on a daily basis and a real concern has arisen over fans surrounding the tour bus including parents with their toddlers standing on roads. Local authorities have expressed their concerns with The Wiggles' management and we have been asked to curtail this type of activity.
We need your help guys!
We do not want this situation to continue. There are parents who are sometimes waiting hours with their young child for a chance to meet The Wiggles with both the parents and most importantly the young child becoming frustrated and upset.
We understand that all parents want to have a great wiggles experience with their child and that is what our live concerts are all about. Please understand that The Wiggles cannot possibly meet everyone who would like to meet them after the show. They have been disappointed when the people looking after them have faced criticism for simply doing their job, trying to be aware of the safety and the time restraints on The Wiggles.
You may not be aware but The Wiggles take time at every location to meet children with special needs and children from organizations such as The Starlight Foundation and The Make A Wish Foundation.
We're asking all our Wiggle friends for your patience, your co-operation and awareness of the safety issues involved and your understanding.
Here's to a happy and safe Wiggles Tour.
The Wiggles Office
- The Use of Cameras at The Wiggles' Concerts
- Individual theatres have policies and we cannot interfere with those. So please contact the venue prior to attending a Wiggles concert to find out their policy on the use of cameras.
The Wiggles do not have a problem with still cameras being used for personal use only.
The Wiggles do however, have a policy that no video footage is to be taken at concerts.
Images of The Wiggles and The Wiggles' Characters and The Wiggles' Dancers (including costumes and stagesets and props) remains the copyright and trademarks of The Wiggles Pty Ltd. ABN: 47 059 778 004
- How old does my child need to be before they require a ticket to see The Wiggles or The Wiggles' Character concert?
- The Wiggles policy is that any child that has reached 18 months of age requires a ticket. Children under 18 months enter free of charge, and therefore do not require a ticket. However they will be expected to sit on an adult's lap as they will not be issued with a seat.
However individual theatres have policies related to OH&S and we cannot interfere with those. So please contact the venue prior to attending a Wiggles concert to find out their policy on purchasing tickets for your child. If your child does not require a ticket, they will be expected to sit on an adult's lap as they will not be issued with a seat.